Thursday, May 14, 2009

On your mid-year examination...

I'm halfway done with marking your free writing.

Just one thing to say: if you don't pay attention to me for a particular module, then don't attempt that text type. Since when did I mention that introductory & concluding paragraphs only consist of ONE SENTENCE??? These people should be slaughtered, you know who you are.

If I'm marking a Primary School student's essay, then I will expect to see only 3/4 page. I don't understand why you can't write beyond that.

Some of you buggers - PUT MORE EFFORT INTO YOUR HANDWRITING!!! I'm going blind by the end of the week. Let me say this: if I can't decipher what the word is, then IT IS WRONG. No arguments on that.

Correction tape/ fluid used!!! I think you need me to paint your face white with correction tape!

Now for the good part: Some of you have improved, in the sense that you do take extra care in the way you write. It shows in your essay. For a few of you who constantly fail your free writing, I could tell that you did write with more care, and I think that helps your language a bit more. Keep it up, yo!!!

All I can say is, it takes practice and hard work to do well in English. Don't be complacent and rest on your laurels. Work harder - your final 'destination' for this year is the N Levels Paper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment